Free tax preparation services offered
by VITA volunteers in Hudson and
Nashua are ending
The site at the Hudson Library will close on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 and is accepting no new tax preparation requests.
Tax preparation services for those who have scheduled appointments to drop off their tax-related information will be available at the United Way of Greater Nashua site through Monday, April 19.
Those having their taxes prepared through the end dates at each location (April 13 in Hudson and April 19 in Nashua) will be contacted when their returns are ready to be picked up. All tax returns will be completed by volunteers and ready to for pickup by April 30, 2021.
United Way volunteers will be available to answer questions by calling the Nashua Public Library at (603) 589-4600 through April 23, 2021. Anyone having questions on the status of their return after that date, should call United Way at (603) 864-0203 or by email at VITA.email@example.com
There are additional free tax preparation services available if you continue to need help in preparing your tax return. Many are included at NHTaxHelp.org. Additional options for preparing your tax return free of charge are provided on the IRS website Free File: Do your Federal Taxes for Free | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov). IRS Free File options are available for those who earn less than $72,000 and those whose income is greater than $72,000.
Free income tax preparation services were available to low- to moderate income individuals and families whose income is $57,000 or less and reside in greater Nashua. The services were available through VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) using IRS certified volunteers.
United Way of Greater Nashua partnered with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and other community partners to support VITA sites in Nashua and Hudson. The goal of providing tax prep services is to increase awareness of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other available credits, provide free tax preparation services and promote asset-building opportunities as available in the community.
Due to COVID-19, tax returns were prepared virtually this tax season.
There was no in-person contact between taxpayers and IRS certified volunteers.
Follow these instructions if you ALREADY HAVE an appointment to drop off your tax documents:
- Download the appropriate Intake Packet
- Read the information in the Intake Package CAREFULLY to determine your eligibility for VITA tax prep services. Review the types of returns VITA volunteers are not able to process and the documents required for your tax return to be processed.
- Complete all the IRS-required forms and surveys contained in the Intake Package.
- Put together the documents the VITA volunteer will need to prepare your return. Refer to the list included in the Intake Package.
- NASHUA & HUDSON DROP-Off SITE USERS: Drop-off appointments are REQUIRED. Please arrive at your scheduled time to drop off your tax-related forms so your return can be prepared by VITA volunteers.
United Way volunteers will be available to answer questions by calling the Nashua Public Library at (603) 589-4600 through April 23, 2021 or by email at VITA.firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone having questions on the status of their return after that date, should call United Way at (603) 864-0203 or by email at VITA.email@example.com.
Looking for more information about VITA tax prep services in Nashua & Hudson? Follow these links:
- Drop Off Tax Preparation: More Details
- What to expect when you have your taxes done by a VITA volunteer
- Are you eligible for free tax preparation services?
- Maximize your return using the Earned Income Tax Credit and other tax credits
- Help in locating missing documents