skip to Main Content

Help if you need to get missing tax-related documents

Here are resources in the event you do not have items listed in the Intake Packet.

  • Photo ID. Any government-issued ID. A driver’s license can be obtained from your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Other acceptable forms of ID include military ID (military and dependents), previously issued U.S. passport or passport card, or current government ID (city, state or federal).
  • Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Don’t have a Social Security card? Order one here. You can find additional information about your ITIN here.
  • Copy of last year’s tax return. If you do not have your previous tax return, you can get your free transcripts immediately online. You also can get them by phone, by mail or by fax within five to 10 days from the time IRS receives your request. Find out more information here.
  • W-2. A W-2 shows your wage-earning information and is usually mailed or emailed to you. If you haven’t received your W-2 by January 31, please contact the HR person at your company.
  • SSA-1099, 1099-R and 1099-G. Visit
  • Cash Income Amount and Work Expenses. Visit for more information.
  • 1095 Health Coverage Form. If you are enrolled through, this is the form that shows your household Marketplace plan. Learn how to access it here.
  • Direct Deposit Information. Please bring your bank account and routing number information. These can be found at the bottom of your check or deposit slip that is linked to the account you want to use. You also can find this through your banking app or online account, or you can call your bank for the information.


Looking for more information about VITA tax prep services in Nashua & Hudson? Follow these links:

Translate »
Back To Top