2021 Events at the United Way of Greater Nashua
– Blizzard Blast 2021 Blizzard Blast 2021 went “virtual” this year with a challenging 5K, 10K, and half-marathon race which visited numerous community nonprofits along the way. It was cool and raised some good $$$ for our Community Impact Fund. Check out the event pictures HERE!
– April 3rd, 7:00 – 8:00 pm, Cheers To Our Volunteers – Cheers to Our Volunteers is a virtual celebration of United Way of Greater Nashua’s Covid-19 Response Volunteers since March 15th, 2020. The event’s entertainment sections will include music, comedy, and dance acts. Please check your email for the event invitation. Was free and online with great entertainment and speaches! Check out the recording HERE!
– April 7th, 12:00 – 6:00 pm at the ALC Gym, Food Packing Day of Caring – Each year we bring the community together to package meals for local food pantries. These meals become a basic emergency supply of nutritious meals so that no pantry client is turned away empty handed. This Day of Caring is important during the summer when food need spikes up and donations diminish.
– RESCHEDULED, most likely to August! Community Farming Day of Caring – Each year United Way of Greater Nashua works with Grow Nashua to build a community farm, community garden, or some other way for people to grow and gain access to healthy food.
– June 12th (Rain date – June 13th), Skydive United – Have you ever wanted to go sky diving? Do you want to help change the face of youth homelessness in our community? At last year’s event, 5 fearless souls jumped from 11,000 feet, raising $24K to help end youth homelessness in our community! Check out the event HERE including a video from last year’s amazing jump! If you want to jump with us this year, please contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
– July 15th at UWGN, Community Baby Shower Day of Caring – United Way of Greater Nashua works with the community to collect new and gently used items for needy new families in our area. We invite families to join us for parenting education, a community meal, and the opportunity to select items from our “Baby Boutique”.
– August 16th – 17th at Brady Sullivan Tower in Manchester, Over The Edge – Nonprofits and allies – you are invited to be part of this great community fundraising event. Each year, more than 100 brave souls rappel from the top of the 24 story Brady Sullivan Building to raise money for over 20 different community nonprofits. Check out the 2021 website here to get a sense for what this event is all about: https://app.mobilecause.com/vf/edge2021 If you would like to get involved in our 2021 event as a team, sponsor, or individual participant, please contact Mike at email@example.com.
– September 18th – 19th at Nashua Community College, United We Sleep – For one night in September, we come together with fellow community members in learning about the level of poverty that exists and exploring pathways to success in the greater Nashua community. We will learn from local experts as we participated in a unique, experience of a sleep out in a cardboard box. We will all learn, together, about the causes and cures for homelessness in our community.
– TBD, Motorcycle Scavenger Hunt
– Collecting through November 30th, Shoebox Project Day of Caring – Each year, United Way of Greater Nashua brings together a group of volunteers to create over 400 holiday gift packages of useful items for homebound seniors. These kits contain both useful items like batteries, hand cream, and gripper socks and items that bring cheer, like hot chocolate, coffee and tea, and puzzle books.
– Mid November, The Santa Fund Online Auction – The United Way of Greater Nashua is holding an online auction to raise awareness, goods and financial donations to give to three local nonprofits to make the holiday season bright for hundreds of families in this decades old tradition. The three beneficiaries are the Front Door Agency, Milford SHARE and the Salvation Army of Nashua.
– January 29, 2022, Blizzard Blast 2022 – Blizzard Blast is a 3–4-mile tough winter obstacle race. It is a competitive event, which is professionally timed. All participants receive a medal, event t-shirt and much more!
If you have questions about these events or you would like to volunteer, please contact the United Way of Greater Nashua at firstname.lastname@example.org.