COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fun for Greater Nashua
We have established a fund to provide financial support to local nonprofits for their extra-ordinary and unprecedented expenses related to Covid-19. Our social services nonprofits, which make up the core of our Community Safety Net, provide for many basic needs, including food, clothing, and shelter. The fund we have created, COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund for Greater Nashua, is providing microgrants to local nonprofits with these emergency expenses. The last thing we want is for a food pantry, shelter, or WIC provider to think twice about cleaning or sanitizing because it isn’t in the budget.
Learn more from our fund fact sheet.
Make a Donation
United Way of Greater Nashua received a $25,000 “Challenge Grant” from AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire to support its Coronavirus Emergency Response efforts. Individual or corporate donations to this challenge grant will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $25,000. Any individual donation made at this time to United Way’s “Covid-19 Emergency Relief Fund for Greater Nashua” will be eligible.
If you are interested in making a personal donation to help support our important local nonprofits, donate here. 100% of your donations will go to this important cause.
There is a new financial incentive for Americans to give generously to qualifying charities, including United Way of Greater Nashua and many of our community partners. The new universal tax break for charitable donations was included in the final $2 trillion COVID-19 stimulus package signed into law last week and will go into effect starting with the 2020 tax year. Learn more here.
Nonprofit Partners Apply for Funding
Nonprofits looking to apply for this funding can fill out this simple application.
Grant requests can be up to $1,000 and must be for the express purpose of reimbursing extraordinary costs related to the prevention and spread of Covid-19. If your agency previously received a United Way of Greater Nashua Covid-19 Relief Grant, you may apply for up to $1,000 minus the previously awarded grant(s). For example, if you previously received $500, you may apply for an additional $500.
Criteria to Qualify:
- Your agency must be a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Your agency must be in good standing with the State of New Hampshire.
- Your agency must serve a majority of your clients from the 11 communities of Greater Nashua.
So far, the COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund for Greater Nashua has been able to help support the following non-profit partners with grants:
- Humane Society for Greater Nashua
- Nashua Soup Kitchen and Shelter
- Nashua Senior Activity Center
- Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity
- Corpus Christi Food Pantry and Assistance
- YMCA of Greater Nashua
- Front Door Agency
- Girls Incorporated of New Hampshire
- Touchstone Farm Inc.
- The Salvation Army of Greater Nashua
- Rohingya Society of Greater Nashua
- The Greater Nashua Dental Connection
- St. Joseph Community Services Meals on Wheels
- Revive Recovery
- Family Promise of Southern New Hampshire
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua
- Manchester Acupuncture Studio
- Gateways Community Services
- NeighborWorks Southern New Hampshire
- One Greater Nashua
- Regenerative Roots Association
- The Plus Company
- Home Health and Hospice Care
- Greater Nashua Food Council
- Nashua Center
- Marguerite’s Place
- Harvey’s Hope Animal Rescue
- Make It Labs
- Opportunity Networks
- Milford SHARE Outreach
- Nashua Community Music School
- Girl Scouts of the Green & White Mountains
- International Institute of New England
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Grow Nashua
- Special Olympics of New Hampshire
- Operation Delta Dog
- Nashua PAL
- Southern NH Outreach for Black Unity
- The Tolles Street Mission
The COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund for Greater Nashua has also been able to fund the purchasing of critically needed toilet paper and custom making hand sanitizer for our non-profit partners.
Become a Funding Partner
The fund has raised a budget of over $100,000, with support from our annual campaign budget and several partners including:
- AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation
- Bank of America
- Bar Harbor Bank and Trust
- Brady Sullivan Properties
- City of Nashua
- Eastern Bank
- Eaton and Berube Insurance
- Endowment for Health
- Enterprise Bank
- Etchstone Properties, Inc.
- Mint Printworks
- Nashua Prevention Coalition
- Nashua Teacher’s Union
- New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- New Hampshire Children’s Health Foundation
- Pennichuck Water
- People’s United Bank
- Right Networks
- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Tufts Health Plan Foundation
- United Healthcare