We have established a fund to provide financial support to local nonprofits for their extra-ordinary and unprecedented expenses related to Covid-19. Our social services nonprofits, which make up the core of our Community Safety Net, provide for many basic needs, including food, clothing, and shelter. The fund we have created, Greater Nashua Covid-19 Emergent Needs Response Fund, is providing microgrants to local nonprofits with these emergency expenses. The last thing we want is for a food pantry, shelter, or WIC provider to think twice about cleaning or sanitizing because it isn’t in the budget.
Learn more from our Fund Fact Sheet.
Make a Donation
United Way of Greater Nashua received a $25,000 “Challenge Grant” from AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire to support its Coronavirus Emergency Response efforts. Individual or corporate donations to this challenge grant will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $25,000. Any individual donation made at this time to United Way’s “Covid-19 Emergent Needs Response Fund” will be eligible.
If you are interested in making a personal donation to help support our important local nonprofits, donate here. 100% of your donations will go to this important cause.
Nonprofit Partners Apply for Funding
Nonprofits looking to apply for this funding can fill out this simple application.
Criteria to Qualify:
- Your agency must be a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Your agency must be in good standing with the State of New Hampshire.
- Your agency must serve a majority of your clients from the 11 communities of Greater Nashua.
So far, the Greater Nashua Covid-19 Emergent Needs Response Fund has been able to help support the following non-profit partners with grants:
- Humane Society for Greater Nashua
- Nashua Soup Kitchen and Shelter
- Nashua Senior Activity Center
- Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity
- Corpus Christi Food Pantry and Assistance
- YMCA of Greater Nashua
- Front Door Agency
- Girls Incorporated of New Hampshire
- Touchstone Farm Inc.
- The Salvation Army of Greater Nashua
- Rohingya Society of Greater Nashua
- The Greater Nashua Dental Connection
- St. Joseph Community Services Meals on Wheels
- Revive Recovery
- Family Promise of Southern New Hampshire
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua
- Manchester Acupuncture Studio
- Gateways Community Services
- NeighborWorks Southern New Hampshire
- One Greater Nashua
- Regenerative Roots Association
- The Plus Company
- Home Health and Hospice Care
- Greater Nashua Food Council
- Nashua Center
- Marguerite’s Place
- Harvey’s Hope Animal Rescue
The Greater Nashua Covid-19 Emergent Needs Response Fund has also been able to fund the purchasing of critically needed toilet paper and custom making hand sanitizer for our non-profit partners.
Become a Funding Partner
The fund has raised a budget of over $100,000, with support from our annual campaign budget and several partners including:
- AmeriHealth Caritas New Hampshire
- Bank of America
- Brady Sullivan Properties
- City of Nashua
- Eastern Bank
- Endowment for Health
- Enterprise Bank
- Etchstone Properties, Inc.
- Nashua Prevention Coalition
- New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- Pennichuck Water
- Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Tufts Health Plan Foundation